It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is permanent delete of test artifact not possible?

Donat Hutter (2153239) | asked Jan 20 '16, 4:56 a.m.

When I try to empty the trash in RQM 6.0 (configuration management NOT enabled) some items are not deleted. I get a pop-up telling

<artifact> is not archived for the configuration "<project> Initial Stream".
No item can be permanently deleted.

What is here wrong?

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Jan 20 '16, 11:10 a.m. | edited Jan 20 '16, 11:14 a.m.

Hi Donat,

I am going to try to reproduce the same.

Is this 6.0 or 6.0.1?
Is it an upgrade or new installation?
Do you know which artifact types will not permanently delete or will nothing permanently delete? 

Thanks,
Brett

Donat Hutter commented Jan 21 '16, 5:24 a.m. | edited Jan 21 '16, 5:39 a.m.

We are on RQM 6.0 iFix005.
Currently only 4 "Test Case Results" can not be deleted. All others test case results, and all other artifact types have been deleted without any issue.

So far I see this issue in one project area (most others didn't permanently delete stuff so far).

Interestingly I'm also not able to restore such items. The system tells "successfully restored", but it stays in the trash.

Brett Bohnn commented Jan 22 '16, 12:31 a.m.

Hi Donat,

So far I cannot reproduce this.

Are you using the build integration with RTC? I ask to see if it is possible that the 4 test case results includes build record with "work item included in the build." I would have you get XML for one of the test case results using includeArchived=true but it is not supported for https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#includeArchived for executionresult.

Also, is this a new installation or an upgrade?

Thanks,
Brett

One answer

permanent link
Donat Hutter (2153239) | answered Jan 22 '16, 9:42 a.m.
Hi Brett,
here my additional information:
1) Build Provider (Project Properties) is not configured
2) and as you mentioned I can't get the xml data through RestApi (404 Not Found), because the "includeArchived" is not supported on the ExecutionResult type.
3) this is an upgraded project area. But the few suspect items have been created after the upgrade to V6.0

I also recognize, that these items do not have "(Deleted)" indicator in the title as other items I open in the trash

I have the idea this goes somehow together with the verification of preconditions (I configured "approval required" for a defined iteration type). I will do some investigations in this direction.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 22 '16, 9:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'd suggest to contact support so they can have a look at it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.