It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to view the content of all full link

lakshmi shree (5711743) | asked Jan 16 '16, 5:23 a.m.
 How to view the full content of a link in the links column. When I export to word or excel , I am not able to see th full text. Please help

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 18 '16, 7:32 p.m.

What do you mean the "full text"? Do you mean that you want to see the primary text of the linked artifact?

Kim Soederhamn commented Jan 19 '16, 8:44 a.m.

could you share a screenshot of what you see ?

lakshmi shree commented Aug 03 '16, 1:55 a.m. | edited Aug 03 '16, 2:03 a.m.

Hello Donald and Kim

I would like to see the entire text of the linked artifact when i export it to word or excel.AS of now when i export the link column, only part of the requirement text can be viewed . it looks like the lenght of the requirement characters is only 128. I want to send this document to a person who has no DOORS installed and can view the  requirement and all its linked requirements in a word document, at once. But with this trunacted texy it makes it even harder to read. Unfortunaltey i am not able to attach any screenshots in this portal

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Aug 14 '16, 8:46 p.m.
You probably can't do this with the built-in export function. As it uses a fixed format and with multiple linked artifacts, the exported document can become very messy. You will need to look into custom export/report formats (probably with API) to achieve this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.