It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running "repotools -isServerRunning" command results in "CRJAZ1505E" error in CLM applications

Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | asked Dec 23 '15, 1:14 p.m.
edited Dec 23 '15, 1:21 p.m.
I am trying to automate the process of installation and setup of IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution (CLM).

After I deploy the applications to IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS), I start the application and I want to check if they are correctly started before proceeding with the rest of the setup.

To do this, I am using the "repotools-app.bat -isServerRunning" command.

However, all setup tasks are failing because applications cannot connect to their databases.
It does not happen if I don't use the "repotools-app.bat -isServerRunning" command.

When I open IBM Rational Jazz Team Server (JTS) administrative page in the web browser I see the following error:

CRJAZ1505E The server status cannot be retrieved.

Caused by:
Jazz has detected another server process is connected to the repository database location "derby:/C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_502\server\conf\jts\derby\repositoryDB;". The server must not be running when running repotools data commands. Check that only one process is connecting to the database. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException)ID CRJAZ1238I

Similar messages can be seen in other CLM applications.

How can I check the status of the server without causing error "CRJAZ1505E"?

One answer

permanent link
Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | answered Dec 23 '15, 1:14 p.m.
edited Dec 23 '15, 1:24 p.m.
You must wait for the applications to fully initialize before executing "repotools-app -isServerRunning" command.

CLM applications will be fully initialized after they are accessed by a client (web browser, cURL, Eclipse Client and others).

The reason why you see this error is because the "repotools-app -isServerRunning" command is designed to check if the server is correctly shut down. It starts by attempting to connect to the database and then accesses the application's rootservices document. If a CLM application is not fully initialized, the repotools command will lock database access and then try to read its rootservices document. This will trigger the application to initialize and make connection to its database, but the connection will fail because at the time the connection is locked to the repotools application. Without proper connection to the database, the application will not function properly and display error "CRJAZ1505E" until it is restarted.

To resolve the problem:
  1. Restart the application.
  2. Connect to the application using a client (web browser, cURL, Eclipse Client and others) before running "repotools-app -isServerRunning".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.