It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Given a UUID of file/folder/symbolic-link - how to find it in repository

Boaz Nahum (1346) | asked Dec 15 '15, 2:19 a.m.
 HI

Given a UUID of of file/folder/symboilclink - How to find it in repository or convert it to IVersionable

I need some way to connect a UUID to its item. For example to find a least one component that contains it, something to start with !

Currently what we can do, is for each component, start with root folder and search all items, till I found one matches this UUID, it works, but take years - we have hunderds of components.

In general our task - Given a item UUID, find all change-sets it appears in.

Boaz

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 15 '15, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/understanding-and-using-the-rtc-java-client-api/ (search for UUID). That is the only method I am aware of at this time.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '15, 2:33 a.m.

Please also try to search for UUID in the SDK (using references in workspace on the UUID object). You should be able to find

package com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.* this is the SCM command line that consumes this kind of information.

Boaz Nahum commented Dec 15 '15, 2:49 a.m. | edited Dec 15 '15, 2:51 a.m.

hx.

All these methods work fine but not in case of IVersionable - In this case the created IVersionableHandle is useless, for example methods such 'IScmService#getComponentsContainingVersionable'throw exception becuasde the IVersionableHandle contain no state 

Boaz 

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '15, 2:56 a.m.

Consider to get all states or something. I have not done this, so I can't hint more than I did.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.