It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Given a UUID of file/folder/symbolic-link - how to find it in repository

Boaz Nahum (1316) | asked Dec 15 '15, 2:19 a.m.
 HI

Given a UUID of of file/folder/symboilclink - How to find it in repository or convert it to IVersionable

I need some way to connect a UUID to its item. For example to find a least one component that contains it, something to start with !

Currently what we can do, is for each component, start with root folder and search all items, till I found one matches this UUID, it works, but take years - we have hunderds of components.

In general our task - Given a item UUID, find all change-sets it appears in.

Boaz

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (61.1k33643) | answered Dec 15 '15, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/understanding-and-using-the-rtc-java-client-api/ (search for UUID). That is the only method I am aware of at this time.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '15, 2:33 a.m.

Please also try to search for UUID in the SDK (using references in workspace on the UUID object). You should be able to find

package com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.* this is the SCM command line that consumes this kind of information.

Boaz Nahum commented Dec 15 '15, 2:49 a.m. | edited Dec 15 '15, 2:51 a.m.

hx.

All these methods work fine but not in case of IVersionable - In this case the created IVersionableHandle is useless, for example methods such 'IScmService#getComponentsContainingVersionable'throw exception becuasde the IVersionableHandle contain no state 

Boaz 

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '15, 2:56 a.m.

Consider to get all states or something. I have not done this, so I can't hint more than I did.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.