It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Maven builds and JUnitLogPublisherTask

Patrick Renaud (106143) | asked Jul 30 '09, 3:59 p.m.
Currently, our maven builds are declared as Failed when the Test phase detects JUnit errors, even when maven completes with BUILD SUCCESSFUL.

This seems to be a side-effect of adding the JUnitLogPublisherTask and task for reporting the JUnit results. If I comment out the call to this task in my POM file, the build is markes as PASS by the JBE.

So the question: how can I control the build status myself, the way I can do it easily with e.g. Build Forge?

3 answers

permanent link
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k4126100) | answered Jul 31 '09, 3:51 a.m.
patrick.renaud wrote:
Currently, our maven builds are declared as Failed when the Test phase
detects JUnit errors, even when maven completes with BUILD
SUCCESSFUL.

This seems to be a side-effect of adding the JUnitLogPublisherTask and
task for reporting the JUnit results. If I comment out the call to
this task in my POM file, the build is markes as PASS by the JBE.

So the question: how can I control the build status myself, the way I
can do it easily with e.g. Build Forge?

Check if this post from Nick helps...
http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5911

permanent link
Patrick Renaud (106143) | answered Jul 31 '09, 10:00 a.m.
It would but unfortunately it does not work the way it is described in that post. I replied to that post with the error message, clearly showing that STATUS is not a supported attribute of the JUnitLogPlublisherTask.

Sad....

I need a way to do this, or I am just not going to publish JUnit results. But this is not a solution either :(

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 29 '09, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the 'better late than never' category, I've filed 97954: Allow publishing tasks to not impact overall build status for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.