It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Client 5.0.2 crashes after drag/drop a column item from Work Item with XVNC (xrdp server XFCE)

Katie Josenhans (111) | asked Dec 04 '15, 6:26 p.m.
Our RTC Client is hosted by Ubuntu 12.0.04.4 LTS codename precise server.                                                                     
Our remote display is connected through X Window  by using Remote Desk  
top Client or XVNC viewer  (xrdp server and XFCE desktop).              

The program 'Rational Team Concert' received an X Window System error.  
This probably reflects a bug in the program.                            
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.                
  (Details: serial 33829 error_code 8 request_code 56 minor_code 0)     
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously; that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.        
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line           
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful        
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.                                                                                                                                    
The same testing done with direct X11 display instead of using Remote   
Desktop Client nor XVNC viewer works !                                  
Moving the column of list work items from right to left does not make   
crashing RTC eclipse client...

How do I resolve this so I can use RTC eclipse client?                                          

Comments
Donald Nong commented Dec 06 '15, 10:05 p.m.

There are so many components involved. I suggest you also post in the Ubuntu forum and see if you can get any response. I found quite a few bugs filed against different applications on different Linux platforms with the exact same X Window error, but none of them was linked to a "root cause".

One answer

permanent link
Luis Peregrina (18114) | answered Dec 15 '15, 5:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Katie, this error does not belong to Rational Team Concert, in fact it comes from the X Window system, not specific to XVNC but to any VNC service (xrdp uses VNC as a backend, there is no real RDP for linux).

See: ftp://iraf.noao.edu/ftp/web/support/replies/badmatch.txt

Here it was fixed: Re: [rdesktop-users] Problem using rdesktop with VNC (See last message for fix "Try start VNC server with "-depth 8 -cc 3"").

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.