It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom test harness with RQM?

Brian Wolfe (25613625) | asked Jul 30 '09, 11:48 a.m.
We use custom test drivers and harnesses for automated test execution on each of the components in our products. Is this something we can integrate with RQM? We don't mind if it means extending and using the API for posting results, I just have not been able to find a topic which covers it.

Most of our testing is command line driven for ease of execution. and we have control over the result output(currently an internal standard xml)

has anyone set up in this type of scenario?

2 answers

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Jul 30 '09, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
wolfeb99 wrote:
We use custom test drivers and harnesses for automated test execution
on each of the components in our products. Is this something we can
integrate with RQM? We don't mind if it means extending and using
the API for posting results, I just have not been able to find a
topic which covers it.

Most of our testing is command line driven for ease of execution. and
we have control over the result output(currently an internal standard
xml)

I think the command line adapter would work for you. It is very easy

for it to execute command line scripts. If you have your results go to
stdout then it is easy to capture the results in RQM.

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jul 30 '09, 1:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We use custom test drivers and harnesses for automated test execution on each of the components in our products. Is this something we can integrate with RQM? We don't mind if it means extending and using the API for posting results, I just have not been able to find a topic which covers it.

Most of our testing is command line driven for ease of execution. and we have control over the result output(currently an internal standard xml)

RQM provides a command-line script type. You can deploy the command-line adapter to your test driver machines. Create command-line scripts to execute your proprietary scripts. Whatever those scripts write to stdout, will be attached to the script details section of the execution results.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.