It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

script for listing workitems in single attribute( workitem list ) or other way to list the workitems ?

Karthick Veeramani (1211) | asked Dec 03 '15, 4:24 a.m.
 script for listing workitems in single attribute( workitem list ) or other way to list the workitems  in single attribute?.

--> Workitem Type "A"  attribute "X" should list all other workitem types .

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 03 '15, 4:41 a.m. | edited Dec 03 '15, 4:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure what the question is about and what you want to achieve and why. Consider providing more context see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

Karthick Veeramani commented Dec 03 '15, 5:01 a.m. | edited Dec 03 '15, 5:09 a.m.

List of workiten needs to displayed in single workitem . So that we can track all workitems.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 03 '15, 5:10 a.m.

Sorry, this does not help to make the use case more precise.

Karthick Veeramani commented Dec 03 '15, 5:12 a.m. | edited Dec 03 '15, 5:18 a.m.

By using "workitem list " Kind , we are able to add list od workitem's into another workitem. But still we are looking for automation 

sam detweiler commented Dec 03 '15, 8:24 a.m.

Like Ralph, I am not sure exactly what you want to do here.
RTC doesn't really have 'display only' fields.. all 'attributes' are stored in the database.

so, how many workitems do you want to be in this list? 10, 100, 1000's?
what criteria would you use to select them?  are they ordered in any way?
is the list updated everytime a workitem is opened?  and saved?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Dec 03 '15, 5:20 a.m.
You can access work items using the Java API or the REST/OSLC API. You can set attributes and links in work items using the Java API or the REST/OSLC API. You can find several examples for the Java API here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.