It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Jazz Source Control" custom attributes.

jean-claude vauthier (22634856) | asked Dec 03 '15, 4:00 a.m.
RTC version 6.0.1RC1

I have created custom attributes for Stream and Component.  Unfortunately when I right click a Stream or a Component the menu "properties" is not active and I have not found the way to provide value to custom attributes and to read this information neither in Eclipse client or Web Client.

Is it possible to set and get "Jazz Source Control" custom attributes without using the command line mode ?

Thanks,

Jean-Claude

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 03 '15, 4:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 04 '18, 12:09 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
As far as I am aware the custom attributes are currently not exposed in the UI. They are supposed to help with automation and are only exposed in the API and in the SCM commandline. You could create custom menus to set them in the Eclipse UI. See extend the RTC Client UI with context menus as an example.

Update: See the comment from David below.
jean-claude vauthier selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
jean-claude vauthier commented Dec 03 '15, 6:19 a.m.

Thanks a lot Schoon.

David Lafreniere commented Sep 04 '18, 12:08 p.m. | edited Sep 04 '18, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Update: In RTC 6.0.6, the Stream editor was enhanced to show the custom attributes set on that stream. The user can add/edit/remove custom attributes on that stream in the UI as expected. This feature is available in the RTC Eclipse and Visual studio rich clients.

Unofficial Statement: The version of RTC that comes out after 6.0.6 will include similar UI in the Snapshot editor for managing custom attributes on a snapshot. (This is considered an unofficial statement as this version of RTC is not publicly available at the time of writing - yet I felt it was relevant enough to mention here so users do not waste time creating RFE's or enhancement requests...)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.