It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove/delete requirements in Doors 9.5.2.1/RDNG 6.0.1M1 using OSLC?

Dinyo Dinev (311134) | asked Nov 30 '15, 5:32 a.m.
edited Nov 30 '15, 8:26 a.m.
Hi, I am looking the guide for RDNG
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/180675/how-to-update-dng-module-using-oslc
but I can not find a way to remove requirements? Also I saw that there is adding/remove artifacts from collection.
  1. So what I have to do when I have a requirement which is part of multiple modules how to remove it from all of them?
  2. How to delete requirement which is no part of any module/collection?
  3. How to purge the deleted requirement?
  4. How to remove file embeded as OLE/ attached in RDNG?
  5. How to purge requirements after deletion? Is it needed?

Is there OSLC way or I have to use the DXL extensions?

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 30 '15, 11:51 p.m.
To delete an artifact is simple - just send a DELETE operation to the artifact resource URI (GET, PUT and POST are more often used).

Be very careful with what you are doing, as there is no way to undelete an artifact. If you delete it, it's gone forever. Why don't you use the GUI to delete artifacts? You at least get a prompt asking you whether you really want to delete it. If you use API, there will be no warnings, and you will not even know whether you make a mistake (e.g. using the wrong resource URI).

To delete a file should be similar and you need to get the wrapper resource URI first.

To delete/remove artifacts from a module or collection is completely different because you are actually modifying the module or collection by removing the <oslc_rm:uses> property.

Comments
Dinyo Dinev commented Dec 01 '15, 3:37 a.m.

Thanks for the answer.OK but what about Doors 9.5? Is it dead product(no support) here there is no answer for the Doors 9.5 topics?
- So there is no purge in RDNG? But what about Doors 9.5?

permanent link
Sudarshan Rao (1963) | answered Dec 01 '15, 5:39 a.m.
You cannot purge an artifact in DOORS 9.x, using OSLC services.
But you could create a DXL Service (which can be consumed as any OSLC Service) for that.
Questions on DOORS are better answered in developerWorks forum:
Rational DOORS DXL Forum
Rational DOORS General Discussion Forum
Rational DOORS Administration Forum

Comments
Dinyo Dinev commented Dec 01 '15, 5:50 a.m.

Thanks, Sudarshan Rao. I did not know that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.