It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuration of DOORS NG and DOORS 9.5 collaboration

Carlos Gomez (2759) | asked Jul 03 '15, 4:17 a.m.
Hi,

I try to follow the instruction of this video to configure the connection (collaboration) between DOOR 9.5 and DOORS NG (5.0.2).

I can configure DOORS 9.5 as DOORS NG friend, but when I try to configure DOORS NG as Remote Service, I get an error importing the collaboration links from DOORS NG:

Error communicating with server: Failure when receiving data from the peer
Why is this error produced?

How can I look for OSLC log errors?

One answer

permanent link
Maeve OReilly (3813) | answered Jul 16 '15, 6:27 a.m.
Hi Carlos, 
That logs in question would be the rm.log and jts.log (so on the NG side).  DWA is not involved in this direction.  

I don't recognise that error.  The most common problems I see
-Consumer key was generated in rm/admin.  It MUST be generated in jts/admin.
-Rootservices is set to jts/rootservices.  It MUST be rm/rootservices. 
-the rootservices is not using the public uri.  It must be what was registered in RM as the public uri.  

i.e. the rootservices and the consumer key come from different locations.  

Also you must also be able to login to NG from Internet Explorer and have a valid NG license.  

HTH
Maeve

Comments
Carlos Gomez commented Jul 17 '15, 9:05 a.m. | edited Sep 05 '15, 12:05 a.m.

Thanks Maeve for your answer!

Trying again and again, I decided to reinstall DOORS 9.5 and DOORS NG on another server and I installed the NG licenses that we have (I was using the trial licenses). 

Now, it works, but when I try to add a link with a DOORS NG requirement I get an error. 

Then, To add this link, I go to the DOORS 9.5 requirement where I want to create the collaboration link, I choose one, I select my service provider (DOORS NG project), I choose "select artefact". It displays the delegated UI from DOORS NG and I choose the DOORS NG requirement. 

Once I press "OK" to create the link, I get "HTTP Status 404: The requested resource is not available", therefore the link is not created.

I think that is a redirection problem but where could I find it? 

Thanks again for your help

Maeve OReilly commented Jul 20 '15, 4:23 a.m. | edited Sep 05 '15, 12:05 a.m.

If you think it's redirection double check your URI.  In rm/admin the Public URI should correspond EXACTLY with the address for the rootservices in DOORS9 Remote Services.  If there isn't an exact match redirection occurs.  NG creates it using the public URI to create the artefact's uri but DOORS9 is authenticated and searches based on whatever is in the remote services.   

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.