It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any way to configure the RTC SCM Web client to support editing Markdown files

Richard Thompson (83) | asked Nov 27 '15, 4:55 a.m.
edited Nov 27 '15, 4:55 a.m.
We are using RTC v  5.0.2

We are looking at storing documentation in RTC SCM in the form of markdown files. And making it EASY for business analysts to update via the RTC Web Front End.

Markdown (https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet) is a lightweight markup language written inplain text..... but typically saved as a ".md" file extension.

I know you can use the RTC Web front end to create and edit text files (*.txt) .... is there any way to configure RTC's web front end to :

1. recognize that markdown files (*.md) should be treated as text files and not binary?

2. Can we update the RTC web editor to support syntax highlighting for markdown files? If you view a .java file in the RTC web front end for example... you get syntax highlighting ... is this something that we can setup for markdown files?

I know the IBM BlueMix online editor has good support for Markdown ... just keen to understand what we can do with RTC  5.0.2

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Nov 27 '15, 11:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no way to hook in custom rendering plugins into the RTC SCM web views at the moment. It would be a good RFE to raise as I'm sure that others would like that kind of functionality.

For now, one alternative is to use the Windows Shell client and a text editor + viewer that supports markdown.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.