It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Discard ChangeSets results in to com.ibm.team.repository.TeamRepositoryException

Natarajan Thirumeni (298731) | asked Nov 23 '15, 5:01 a.m.
You are attempting to discard ChangeSets results in error message  com.ibm.team.repository.TeamRepositoryException

And it does not allow you to discard the change sets, even if you create a new Rep Workspace the changeset does appears. The question how can you discard the changeset in question.

One answer

permanent link
Natarajan Thirumeni (298731) | answered Nov 23 '15, 5:07 a.m.
In *some* case change set go into bad state; in the first place it should not have been possible. The changesets in questions is sort of moved from one component to another, which is causing the conflict.

If you're running into this sort of issue, its often not possible to remove those changeset using out of the box tools, you need to contact IBM Support to clean up the problematic changesets.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 28 '15, 1:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Could you provide the jazz.net defect for this issue?   (I assume a defect for this was filed).   I'd be interested in finding out what were the underlying reasons for the problem (I have never seen this problem myself).

Natarajan Thirumeni commented Dec 02 '15, 4:18 a.m. | edited Dec 02 '15, 1:26 p.m.

This isn't an defect and we've created an tool to remove the faulty changesets. I can email to the respective "internal ER" where we've discussed the changes made to address this issue.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 02 '15, 1:30 p.m. | edited Dec 02 '15, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, please mail me the internal ER (or a link to it).   TeamRepositoryException is thrown for lots of different reasons, but if that is all the feedback a user is given, I would consider that a defect ... the user needs to be given a meaningful error message that they can act on.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.