It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems occurred running accepting change sets

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Nov 20 '15, 10:35 a.m.
retagged Dec 02 '15, 3:28 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
 One of my co-workers wants a copy of a change set that is sitting in my repository workspace.  When she tries to accept it, she gets an error with the title in the summary above and:

Reason:
Active change sets cannot be accepted.  Please complete the change sets or contact their owner.

What is this telling me?  I thought you could accept change sets from another person's repository workspace.

Thanks!

Chris

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 20 '15, 12:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A "mutable" (non-completed) change set can only be accepted into a single workspace at a time.   So in order for you to accept the change set into your workspace, you will need the owner to perform the "complete" action on that change set.
Chris Barlock selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chris Barlock commented Nov 20 '15, 1:00 p.m.

Thank you, Geoffrey.  Am I correct that if I complete this change set, I can't change it -- or if I do, does it go back to a "mutable" state?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 20 '15, 3:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is correct, once it is completed, you cannot change it.   Ideally, you would be able to reopen the change set if it hasn't yet been recorded in a baseline or delivered to a stream.  You could submit an enhancement request for this functionality.   Note that you can apply the change set as a "patch" to your workspace, if you want to look at it without forcing the owner to close it (but that is rather clumsy).

2 other answers

permanent link
Chao Wang (235212) | answered Nov 20 '15, 1:07 p.m.
Hi Chris
See details below:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21555573
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/59726/cant-accept-active-changesets-from-another-workspace

Comments
Chris Barlock commented Nov 20 '15, 2:50 p.m.

Thank you!

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Dec 02 '15, 3:28 p.m.
See also Completing change sets.

Ken 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.