It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to integrate a single RTC project area to multiple project areas in RQM? What are the pros and cons of it?

Shitanshu Lall (111) | asked Nov 17 '15, 4:24 a.m.
Hello,

I am working in a team in which we are using RTC - Change and Configuration Management project area to plan our activities. In this team, multiple small size projects are handled and are tested individually by me.
While using RQM's single project area to manage test artefacts for all projects, I am finding it difficult to manage the artefact classification based on custom artefact categories. For example, let there be A, B, and C applications with

• Features of A: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
  • Features of B: 11, 12, 13, 14.
  • Features of C: 21, 22, 23.
Now, if we want to use custom artefact categories to classify test artefacts based on which application and feature of application they belong to, then categories of application A and its features are also displayed while documenting tests for application C. Moreover, if we create a custom attribute for application A, it appears for application B and C as well.

Therefore, I am planning to have separate project areas in RQM for each application so that test artefacts specific to one application have their own dedicated/specific categorization and custom attributes available. That is

RTC-CCM has a project area RTC-PA handling multiple applications/projects A, B and C.
But, RTC-QM has three project areas QM-A, QM-B and QM-C associated to RTC-PA.

Now, my questions are:
  • Is it feasible?
  • What are the disadvantages of having such structure?

PS. I am aware of the complete lifecycle structure which says that one project area in RTC shall be associated only to one project area in RQM and one project area in RM.

But, what is the impact if we violate this rule and make our life easier?

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Nov 24 '15, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can associate single RTC projects area with multiple QM project and similarly a single QM project area with multiple RTC projects.
One my my suggestion is to use sub category.
Application is 1 category with value A, B and C
Feature is a sub category of application.
A is associated with 1,2,3,4,5,6
B is associated with 11,12,13,14 etc etc
So, if you choose A, you will be able to see only 1,2,3,4,5,6 as features. Not the others.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.