It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to notify certain team members when an artifact is locked/unlocked?

Paolo Macias (111) | asked Nov 16 '15, 1:09 p.m.
edited Nov 16 '15, 1:18 p.m.
 Hi,

I'm on version 5.0.2 and I would like to notify certain members whenever a artifact is locked/unlocked.For example this can be either by email or by marking it as suspicious with a suspicion profile. However I can't find how to do either of these. When I create a suspicion profile I can't watch "Locked by" or "Locked on". 

Thanks in advance! 

Comments
Paolo Macias commented Nov 18 '15, 11:48 a.m. | edited Jan 14 '16, 11:09 p.m.

bump

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 15 '16, 4:42 a.m.
Are you using Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0.2? If so, that is not possible, at least for now.

P.S. Tag your post properly so that the SME can see your post when filtering by tags.

Comments
Paolo Macias commented Jan 15 '16, 11:40 a.m.

Thanks for your answer and advice Donald.

Yes I am using DNG 5.0.2. However, we may be upgrading to 6.0.1 soon if this feature is included in it. Do you know if this is in 6.0.1?

Donald Nong commented Jan 17 '16, 5:47 p.m.

I really doubt that. Note that an artifact is automatically locked when you edit it, and unlocked when you finish editing. This means that for an artifact that is frequently edited, you will get many "lock" notifications should this feature exist.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.