It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving custom queries for test cases

Oskar Berreteaga (3325) | asked Nov 11 '15, 3:23 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a custom query of available test cases in a test plan to later add it to the 'Test artifact' widget. I'm following this article.

If I browse for Test Plans and I expand the inline filter area I can see the save icon. However, if I select a Test Plan and then its Test Cases, expanding the inline filter area doesn't show me that save icon.

I'm using RQM 5.0.2 but I've tried it also in a jazz.net sandbox with 6.0.0 with identical results. Am I missing something?

Thanks and regards
Oskar

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Nov 11 '15, 7:41 p.m.
Hi, Oskar

The query creation is only available through artifacts view(such as test plan, test case etc) currently and that's why the embedded view within an artifact can only filter with the conditions but not able to save it.
There is enhancement for what you are after and you may want to vote for it.

Save testcase query within test plan

thanks

Comments
Oskar Berreteaga commented Nov 12 '15, 3:02 a.m.

Hi Don,

Thanks for your answer. How do I vote for that enhancement?

Regards
Oskar

Don Yang commented Nov 12 '15, 5:17 p.m.

Hi, Oskar

RQM WI does not seem to have 'vote' feature. you can add your comments to the RFE with your intention and justification of having that feature. In general, more users want to have that feature, the higher possibility to get implemented.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.