It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT rptdesign file - Report Resource error

seshu kumar pamidi (21311) | asked Nov 02 '15, 2:56 a.m.
Hi,

I have created a rptdesign file using BIRT 4.2 Now while creating a report resource using this file, i am getting the following error:

Saving report failed
Report contents are invalid. Cause: Report contents are invalid. Cause: Line Number:0 Error Code:Error.XMLParserException.EXCEPTION Exception:org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException: The report file of version "3.2.23" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one. Message:A generic exception occurred.

My RTC is on 5.0.2 and BIRT installed is of 4.2. I tried with all BIRT version 2.5, 2.6, 3.7 and latest. not sure where the problem is.

Please help me here. thanks for your help in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Nov 02 '15, 10:56 a.m.
Hi Seshu,
RTC server is based on Eclipse/BIRT in version 3.6.2. Therefore you must develop your reports in that version. When you installed BIRT 4.2 and opened reporting file, the report has been upgraded to version 4.2. You need to roll back to BIRT 3.6.2 and restore the report in that version.

Please let me know if that helped you.

Comments
seshu kumar pamidi commented Nov 02 '15, 12:11 p.m.

We have 2.6 and after that 3.7 , where can I find 3.6.2, can you please help.

Also the installed BIRT version is supported with ecipse client version as given in the eclipse site http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT_Update_Site_URL

My RTC client is on 5.0.2 and eclipse is on 4.2, so you are saying server might be in less version, ...

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Nov 04 '15, 4:32 p.m.

BIRT 2.6.2 was used with Eclipse 3.6.2. Therefore you should use BIRT 2.6.2.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.