It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to see approvals/reviews/verifications in a work item plan?

Markus Farnung (141117) | asked Oct 29 '15, 7:03 a.m.
In a plan I want to create a view where I can see which of the work items have been approved.
In detail I want to know which of the items have a verification in the Approvals tab.
But when I configure a new plan view I don't find any column for approvals, reviews or verifications. How can I make these artefacts visible in a plan view?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 30 '15, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Approvals are not an attribute. Approvals are a collection of approval records with a calculated over all state.
The planning UI does not provide approvals as attribute that can be displayed as column (as far as I can tell) and it does not allow to create an attribute mapping either.

What you can do is

1. Use the Approval Trackings in the work items process configuration and have a state mapped to show a work item is approved - this allows to show the "approved" state in the plan
2. Create a custom attribute (e.g. boolean) and a follow up action (Java Server extension) that runs after the sace of a work item, evaluates the approval records and their approval state and then sets the attribute to "approved"; this attribute can be added to the plan attribute mapping and then displayed as column in plan views

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.