It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

integration or migration diferent server in RTC

Murilo Valero (1628) | asked Oct 28 '15, 9:06 a.m.
Hello, I work with many teams that uses the RTC, but some teams are in different servers for example one team was in igartc03.swg.usma.ibm.com and the other in igartc02.swg.usma.ibm.com. My question is how can I integrate these teams, Can I migrate all WI from one server to other? To get a general vision of all teams, Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 30 '15, 4:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Migration is not an option.

It is possible to
  1. Log into several projects with the Eclipse client and work against these projects
  2. If the servers are registered to the same JTS you can add widgets for all the projects on dashboards and also link between work items in different projects
  3. If the are registered to different JTSs and if you have the permission to do so, you can create friend relationships between the apps and the JTSs and the applications and use the approach in 2 as well.
Murilo Valero selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 12 '16, 9:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Well, there are option to get work items over e.g. using CSV import/export and distributed SCM for source code versions, but this is a huge effort to get it done. Usually if there is no real pressure to migrate the data, it is easier to work together across repository boundaries and use the CLM linking options.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.