It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are the impacts of the Plan Editor removed from Eclipse

Jeffrey Behnke (27218) | asked Oct 19 '15, 2:50 p.m.
While reviewing the details for 6.0, the plan editor in Eclipse is removed. What impact does this have for  users who predominately use Eclipse?  Is the Planned Items tab and list still presented, but with no inline editing? I am trying to get scope and potential impact regarding this change.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 19 '15, 3:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Plan Editor will be available inside Eclipse, but it will be the standard Web view, shown in an Eclipse web browser window.   You can do all the operations you normally do in the Web view of a plan (since it is in fact just a Web view of a plan, hosted inside of the Eclipse window).   This has actually been the default behavior in Eclipse for a while now, unless you explicitly asked for Eclipse to show you the non-Web view.  I haven't used the non-Web plan view  for a while, but one difference will probably be that if you double click on a particular work item, it will bring up a web view for that work item, rather than the native Eclipse editor for that work item.
Jeffrey Behnke selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jeffrey Behnke commented Oct 21 '15, 8:16 a.m. | edited Jan 02 '16, 5:29 p.m.

Thank you. Do you know if there is a minimum browser requirement? Does Eclipse use the default OS browser? When my Preferences are set to Use internal web browser and 'Open plan in the Web Client', I receive a notice that my browser is out of date, but if I continue anyway, the plan editor opens in a browser window within Eclipse, but nothing is displayed in Planned Items, Links, etc... In addition, there is a notice 'Unsupported browser' at the bottom of the window. My currently installed browsers are all current, so I do not understand the correlation that Eclipse is making with the browser.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 02 '16, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You'll probably have better luck with this question on one of the Eclipse forums.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.