It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Backup of CCM project area.

Vikash Singh (422665) | asked Oct 16 '15, 7:31 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to take backup of CCM project area from on cloud server to my local server. I tried it by copying the xml file through eclipse client but it copies only attributes,Enumerations, editor presentation,etc. It is not copying the template which I created from CCM -> Work item -> Create work item template. Could you please tell me the way how to copy whole project so that I will get the things which will not comes through xml file of ccm. Please provide available links for backup.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 16 '15, 7:41 a.m.
far as I know, there is no mechanism to make a backup of a complete project.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 16 '15, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can only backup the whole setup. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM

Comments
sam detweiler commented Oct 16 '15, 7:50 a.m.

note that he is talking a cloud based system, where he doesn't have control of any of the systems components.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 16 '15, 7:58 a.m.

Good catch Sam. Then there is no way I am aware of. You can maybe get some data export e.g. the current source and the work items as CSV, but otherwise there is no out of the box way to get all data with all history for a project out of the instance.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 16 '15, 1:56 p.m.
To export the process template information, use "File -> Export -> Team_Process -> Process_Template"
To export a work item templates, use "File -> Export -> Team -> "Work Item Template"

Comments
Vikash Singh commented Oct 19 '15, 2:44 a.m.

Hello Geoffrey,

I am trying to export a template from one Project area and import it into another project area. While importing it is giving below error - 

Cannot save the work item template on the server. Value "user Name" cannot be assigned to attribute "ChangeRequest:subscribers".

Please suggest for how to export and import template into other project area.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 19 '15, 6:36 p.m.

Disclaimer: I personally never use work item templates for doing real work, so all I know is what I've discovered by playing around with them.
But with that in mind, the first thing I would do look at the .xml file generated by the export, and see where that reference to "user Name" is coming from.
If the "export" process generated a field you don't need/want, I try just deleting it from the xml.   Alternatively, if the .xml file is referring to a field or value that is defined in the exporting project area, but is not defined in the importing project area, then you will need to edit the .xml to remove or fix-up that field/value.   I'll assume folks with more experience importing work item templates will add comments based on actually knowledge (:-).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.