It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update existing TSER from updated test suite

Jan Sorensen (1327) | asked Oct 09 '15, 2:29 a.m.

Hi all

When running TSER's in RQM i sometimes need to add an extra test case to my test suites. Is there a way to update the TSER from a test suite that now has +1 or more test case in it ?

Example:

I have executed 5 of 15 test cases in a TSER and find out that i need 1 or more test cases. I add these to the test suites, but by doing so, the TSER is not updated with the extra test cases, so i have create a new test TSER from the test suite and re-run the 5 test cases I have already passed.

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 11 '15, 9:27 p.m.
Hi, Jan

I don't think the running test suite will be able to have more testcase added in on the run-time. You can add test case into the test suite. If there is TCER created for that test case, you should be able to synchronize the TCER with TSER so that the same TSER will have TCER(this feature is available since v4.0.6), but this newly added TCER will be available in the next TSER run although you can see it inside the current TSER during the current execution.

When you run the TSER again next time, you can use Exclude Passed from Execution so that you don't need to run those passed Testcases again.

permanent link
renuka vasudevan (138) | answered Nov 10 '15, 6:51 a.m.
But Don , what would happened to the test cases which are in progress in the TSER?

Comments
Don Yang commented Nov 10 '15, 5:34 p.m.

You can still run in-progress test cases in the TSER if you want to keep the result.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.