It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the parameter list for the 'Story Points' viewlet not include all iterations

Andrew Morrison (155) | asked Oct 07 '15, 5:41 a.m.
Why does the parameter list for the 'Story Points' viewlet not include all iterations listed in my timeline?

I am attempting to set the parameters for the 'Story Points' viewlet. The Iterations parameter does not list all iterations that have been created in the timeline admin.

I have a screen shot but can't upload as I'm getting a "sorry, file uploading requires reputation >60" message. I wanted to illustrate that the list includes Sprint 10A, Sprint 10B, Sprint 11A, but does not go any further - I am expecting to see Sprint 11B, Sprint 12A and so on.

There is nothing different from an admin perspective for these 'missing, iterations - it seems like the parameter list is just not able to show more iterations.

Is this a defect?

Am I missing something?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 12 '15, 1:49 a.m.
The data for this viewlet/report comes from the data warehouse, so there are two things to check.
1. The iterations are assigned to at least one Story work item.
2. Data collection job is run successfully after the iteration is assigned to a work item.
Andrew Morrison selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Morrison commented Oct 19 '15, 10:59 a.m.

Thank you Donald, that seems to have resolved the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.