It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Notes" Section for Test Suite Results

Leesen Padayachee (9960120) | asked Sep 30 '15, 11:35 a.m.
 Hi

Can a "Notes" section be added to the Test Suite Results as it appears in a Test Case Result?

Thanks

Leesen

6 answers

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111156) | answered Oct 06 '15, 7:09 p.m.
Hi Leesen,

I confirmed that you cannot add the "Notes" section (or any section) to a test suite result. I also could not find a request for enhancement so I submitted https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/142727

Please subscribe to that work item to monitor its status.

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111156) | answered Sep 30 '15, 2:58 p.m.
Hi,

There is a "Notes" rich text section for test case results, just as there is a "Notes" rich section for the test case artifact in the out-of-box artifact templates I have seen (default test case template, basic test case template, etc). There is no "Notes" section for test suite artifacts nor in test suite results in the out-of-box artifact templates  and I know it cannot be added to an out-of-the-box artifact template that is non-modifiable. What I don't know is what template controls the sections for test case results, test suite results. I can look into that as well.

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Simone Ravanini (262) | answered Sep 30 '15, 2:43 p.m.
Hi Leesen, what is the RQM version you are using? Could you please also send a screen shot of the "notes" you have in Test Case Results. Thank you

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111156) | answered Oct 01 '15, 4:29 p.m.
Hi Leesen,

So far I cannot find a way to edit the templates for test case, test suite results. I can edit the artifact templates for test artifacts themselves but not results. I will bring this up to my team next week. One question - are you using custom or out-of-the-box artifact templates? It may not matter but worth knowing...

Thanks,
Brett

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Feb 21 '17, 1:35 a.m.

Hi Brett

Any update on this from last year? We are using all out-of-the-box templates in RQM.

Thanks

permanent link
Leesen Padayachee (9960120) | answered Oct 01 '15, 4:17 a.m.
Hi Simone
We are using CLM 6.0. Unfortunately I cannot attach a screenshot to Jazz.net, but here are list of sections available in a test case result:

permanent link
Leesen Padayachee (9960120) | answered Oct 01 '15, 4:19 a.m.
 Hi Brett

Thanks, do you think it is possible to add any comments to a Test Suite Results?

Thanks

Leesen

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.