It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading SQL Server database from 1.0 to 2.0

Victor Campbell (3502618) | asked Jul 23 '09, 1:58 p.m.
I'm migrating from RTC 1.0 to 2.0. I'm a little unclear on how to implement a 2.0 SQL Server database. I understand that I need to use repotools export and import to migrate the data, but I don't understand the exact sequence of commands to prepare a 2.0 database. I'm reading that I should use the command: CREATE DATABASE jazz, but I'm not sure if that applies if I already have an existing database. Could someone assist me in this, or point me to the documentation that may assist me? Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 23 '09, 4:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm migrating from RTC 1.0 to 2.0. I'm a little unclear on how to implement a 2.0 SQL Server database. I understand that I need to use repotools export and import to migrate the data, but I don't understand the exact sequence of commands to prepare a 2.0 database. I'm reading that I should use the command: CREATE DATABASE jazz, but I'm not sure if that applies if I already have an existing database. Could someone assist me in this, or point me to the documentation that may assist me? Thanks

Hi

Start with the online version of the help here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp

There is a section on installing and upgrading that should help.

You will be creating a new database (and destroying the old one) - so that is why it is very important you do a repotools export on the old database, and make sure the export completes without any errors before you start moving to 2.0.

anthony

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered Jul 27 '09, 12:55 p.m.
After consulting with my DBA, I still have questions about "destroying" the old database. He says he will delete the tables and indexes, but doesn't need to create a new database with "CREATE DATABASE jazz", or to create LOGIN jazzDBuser, as this is already done. Anyone have thoughts on this?

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Jul 28 '09, 2:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
jazzman@unionmoose-dot-org.no-spam.invalid (vrcampbell) wrote in
news:h4kmtf$gda$1@localhost.localdomain:

He says he will delete the
tables and indexes, but doesn't need to create a new database with
"CREATE DATABASE jazz", or to create LOGIN jazzDBuser, as
this is already done. Anyone have thoughts on this?

That sounds good to me. The important are the tables. if the DB already
exist, your DBA is correct.

--
Christophe Elek
Jazz L3
IBM Software Group - Rational

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.