It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS/Report Builder - Are the estimate or time spent attributes reportable?

Christian Morgan (317714) | asked Sep 25 '15, 10:59 a.m.

I cannot seem to locate any information on this.  When I build a new report and am configuring the attributes to include in the results, on out of the box task work items, the estimate attribute nor time spent appear available.

Is there something I am missing or is this just not accessible through the JRS?

-Chris

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Sep 25 '15, 11:32 a.m.
Planned Work & Actual Work, perhaps ?   The values look to be in seconds, so some translation will be needed....
Christian Morgan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christian Morgan commented Sep 25 '15, 11:53 a.m. | edited Sep 25 '15, 12:35 p.m.

Thanks Kevin, looks like planned work is the attribute I was after.  I'm a little perplexed as to why the planned work is being expressed in seconds, but at least the data is there and accessible.

-Chris

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 25 '15, 12:14 p.m.

I'm pretty sure that's how they are in RTC, the presentation knows how to turn them in to representations like  7h or 2d 12h or 1 w  with some simple computations.

Christian Morgan commented Sep 25 '15, 12:26 p.m. | edited Sep 25 '15, 12:36 p.m.

Agreed, but if you put a work item query together you can get the estimate attribute in the result set and it is represented in hours.

Since we can get the JRS report into a spreadsheet, simple to convert the seconds into whatever format the users want, so no real worries for me.  Again, I'm just happy I can get to the data.

-Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.