It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to subscribe users to only task type work item type in the project NOT to all workitem type during creation of workitem

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | asked Sep 24 '15, 9:50 a.m.
Hello ,

I am on urgent need on "How to subscribe users to only task type work item type in the project NOT to all workitem type during creation of workitem"

What I am asking not the default value "User List" and addit to " Subscribed By " attribute . This will do the Project Related Changes and will apply to all the work item types (Story , Defect , Task etc ... )

I want to make subscription of Users ( Many) for only TASK type workitem type during creation of that Work Item.

Can anyone help me on this please .

Thanks

PKC

Prasanta Kumar Chaudhuri

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 25 '15, 6:29 a.m.
You the "extending" tag so I suppose you are going to use Java API. Can't you determine the work item type in the code before doing the "subscribe users" stuff?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 25 '15, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you refer to attribute customization and the built in providers see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21580771 , they are configured for the attribute. So it effects the attribute for all types that have it. It can, as of today, not be limited to only one type. If you want that, you would have to create a custom extension.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.