It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I show the link in RM, but it doesn't show in the Traceability Report?

Barry von Tobel (1727) | asked Sep 23 '15, 1:54 p.m.
I created a "extracted from" link from a stakeholder requirement.  But if I pull a report on the artifact, I don't show any links documented?

I have an snapshot of the link shown in 'link explorer', and a pdf of the traceability report.  I can send those examples, as I don't see a way to attach files to this question?

I'm using CLM version 6.0.1 running on RedHat

thank you,
Barry

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 23 '15, 3:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As I recall, in order to limit the number of potentially irrelevant links in the system, there are a few of the "lesser" RM link types that by default are not traceability links.  You have to explicitly convert each instance into a traceability link (after that they are reportable). I think "extracted from" is one of these link types.

If you hover over the link in the sidebar (or right-click it), are you given the option to make it a traceability link?

Barry von Tobel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Barry von Tobel commented Sep 23 '15, 4:27 p.m.

Daniel,

That was the problem!  Thank you. 

if I right-click the link, I have the option to change the type, not if its traceable.  I changed it to the general 'to/from'

A table in the on-line helps system doesn’t elaborate if the traceability links they show are 'traceable'.  the word 'reportable' doesn’t show up in help.  The traceability report will work for now, but in the future, I'll need to know what links from my stakeholders requirement aren't covered by the SRD, and what SRD requirements are extraneous (not stakeholder requirement).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.