It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing and creating States Group

Benjamin Chauviere (37228) | asked Sep 17 '15, 11:53 a.m.
Hi,

I'm an RTC end user only and I'm customizing the workflow to customize my task board, I face to a few challenges and will appreciate guidance,

1. I can only add new 'States' that are a part of a Group, but then when I fix the WIP limit, it is for the the State Group (e.g In Progress, Done,..) and not for each new State I have created (State 1, State 2, ...)

2. Can we create new main State Groups (not only sub-state) and rename (i.e In Progress, Done columns) ?

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 18 '15, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can define new state groups in the workflow configuration

However, you can not (as far as I know) add new categories or OSLC Groups. I don't know what the planning uses for the WIP calculation. It could well be the categories. You would have to try in a test system.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Chauviere commented Sep 18 '15, 4:56 a.m.

How can I get Eclipse to run RTC ? I'm using currently https://igartc03.swg.usma.ibm.com

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 18 '15, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to talk to your team that runs the server. However the easiest approach is to download the RTC Ecipse client for your version from this site, install it and use the URL you use to access your projects with it. You need to have the required permissions to do this project administration.

Benjamin Chauviere commented Oct 30 '15, 5:18 a.m.

Thanks !! Got it ! :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.