It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM_Rational_DOORS_Web_Access 9.6.1 installation error?

vijay panari (5211118) | asked Sep 15 '15, 8:00 a.m.
edited Jul 31 '17, 2:20 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi Team,
I am going to install Doors 9.6.1 and Doors Web Access 9.6.1 on Windows 8.1 Pro. I successfully installed Doors. While installation IBM_Rational_DOORS_Web_Access below error shows.

Fatal Application Error.

The Application has Unexpectedly Quite.

Invocation of this java application has caused an

Invocation Target Exception. This Application will not exit (LAX) 

How to solve this above problem.

Thanks 

Vijay Panari

Comments
Simona 81 commented Jul 31 '17, 12:41 p.m. | edited Jul 31 '17, 2:18 p.m.

Hi to all,
me too I've the same error with the OS Win Server 2012. The stack trace was:

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
ZeroGu2: Windows DLL failed to load
        at ZeroGa2.b(DashoA10..)
        at ZeroGa2.b(DashoA10
..)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.b(DashoA10..)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10
..)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10..)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10
..)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

Is there somebody who has any ideas?

6 answers

permanent link
Sudarshan Rao (1963) | answered Aug 01 '17, 8:02 a.m.

Try changing the Compatibility mode (right-click on installer, Properties > Compatibility) to an earlier version of Windows (like Windows 8 or Vista) and then try launching it..

permanent link
Simona 81 (1314) | answered Aug 01 '17, 8:24 a.m.

HI Sudarshan,
thanks first of all. :)
I've tried with Win 7, Win Vista (sp 1,2) also with XP, but nothing, it doesn't work. I've tried even on another virtual machine with Windows server 2012, it gives me always the same error.
Then I've tried to install on windows 7 and it works. IBM documentation says that it's compatible with Win Server 2012 but I think there is some problems with the installer file of DWA.

permanent link
Manju Gowda (37110) | answered Feb 27 '19, 11:35 p.m.
Hello,

I was getting the same error, i am able to solve by changing JDK path.

I am using Windows 10 and java 1.8, i tried to install DWA, initially i was getting above error. Later i changed the JDK to JAVA 1.7 then it worked.

Below is the command which i executed from command line:

IBM_Rational_DOORS_Web_Access.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin\java.exe"

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Manju

permanent link
Corinne Bacle (11) | answered Jul 12 '19, 9:53 a.m.
edited Jul 12 '19, 9:54 a.m.
Hi all,

Same problem on 9.7, solved with the "Troubleshoot compatibility".

Corinne

Comments
Sean F commented Oct 29 '19, 12:25 p.m.
Hi Corinne,

What steps did you follow to get this to work using "Troubleshoot compatibility" ?

Do you know what version of Java you have installed?

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Oct 29 '19, 12:42 p.m.
^^
I have tried this suggestion from Manju but I am still getting the same error

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

java.lang.ClassCastException: ZeroGda cannot be cast to ZeroGc8
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.j(DashoA10*..)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.k(DashoA10*..)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)\

What exact error message were you getting do you know Manju?

Comments
Sean F commented Oct 29 '19, 12:48 p.m.
I have been able to solve this now combining Manju and Corinne's answers
Downgrade Java to 1.7 and then run installer by right-clicking and choosing 'Troubleshoot compatibility' and then choose the default options
This was on Windows 10

Sean F commented Oct 29 '19, 12:48 p.m.
I have been able to solve this now combining Manju and Corinne's answers
Downgrade Java to 1.7 and then run installer by right-clicking and choosing 'Troubleshoot compatibility' and then choose the default options
This was on Windows 10

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Oct 30 '19, 11:36 a.m.

When I try to start the broker after installing 9.7 I get the following error

C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0>broker.start.bat
JAVA_HOME is not set
Press any key to continue . . .

Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.

Java Runtime: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_80 C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
  Heap sizes: current=125952k  free=121219k  max=125952k
    JVM args: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Xmx128M -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true -Dorg.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.LOG_SLOW_ACCESS_TIME=1500 -Dactivemq.classpath=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\conf;C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data; -Dactivemq.home=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\.. -Dactivemq.base=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\.. -Dactivemq.data=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\tmp -Dactivemq.conf=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\conf
Extensions classpath:
  [C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\camel,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\optional,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\web,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\extra]
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..
ACTIVEMQ_CONF: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\conf
ACTIVEMQ_DATA: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data
Loading message broker from: xbean:activemq.xml

INFO | Refreshing org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1@6f3e54b: startup date [Thu Oct 31 03:04:17 ANAT 2019]; root of context hierarchy
 INFO | PListStore:[C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\localhost\tmp_storage] started
 INFO | Using Persistence Adapter: KahaDBPersistenceAdapter[C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\kahadb]
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55108-1572447859892-0:1) is starting
 INFO | Listening for connections at: tcp://Admin-PC:61616?maximumConnections=1000&wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600
 INFO | Connector openwire started
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55108-1572447859892-0:1) started
 INFO | For help or more information please see: http://activemq.apache.org
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55108-1572447859892-0:1) is shutting down
 INFO | Connector openwire stopped
 INFO | PListStore:[C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\localhost\tmp_storage] stopped
 INFO | Stopping async queue tasks
 INFO | Stopping async topic tasks
 INFO | Stopped KahaDB
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55108-1572447859892-0:1) uptime 3.015 seconds
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55108-1572447859892-0:1) is shutdown
ERROR | Failed to load: class path resource [activemq.xml], reason: Error creating bean with name 'template': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'camel': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [com.telelogic.festival.camel.RoutingConfig] for bean with name 'TLogicRoutingConfig' defined in class path resource [camel.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/telelogic/festival/camel/RoutingConfig : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

I then tried setting JAVA_HOME to 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7'

I then get the slightly different error:-

C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0>broker.start.bat
"NON IBM JAVA"
Press any key to continue . . .
Java Runtime: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_80 C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
  Heap sizes: current=125952k  free=121219k  max=125952k
    JVM args: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Xmx128M -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true -Dorg.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.LOG_SLOW_ACCESS_TIME=1500 -Dactivemq.classpath=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\conf;C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data; -Dactivemq.home=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\.. -Dactivemq.base=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\.. -Dactivemq.data=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\tmp -Dactivemq.conf=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\conf
Extensions classpath:
  [C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\camel,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\optional,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\web,C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\lib\extra]
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..
ACTIVEMQ_CONF: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\conf
ACTIVEMQ_DATA: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data
Loading message broker from: xbean:activemq.xml
 INFO | Refreshing org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1@2b29f93b: startup date [Thu Oct 31 03:10:54 ANAT 2019]; root of context hierarchy
 INFO | PListStore:[C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\localhost\tmp_storage] started
 INFO | Using Persistence Adapter: KahaDBPersistenceAdapter[C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\kahadb]
 INFO | KahaDB is version 5
 INFO | Recovering from the journal ...
 INFO | Recovery replayed 3 operations from the journal in 0.015 seconds.
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55183-1572448257175-0:1) is starting
 INFO | Listening for connections at: tcp://Admin-PC:61616?maximumConnections=1000&wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600
 INFO | Connector openwire started
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55183-1572448257175-0:1) started
 INFO | For help or more information please see: http://activemq.apache.org
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55183-1572448257175-0:1) is shutting down
 INFO | Connector openwire stopped
 INFO | PListStore:[C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\9.7.0.0\broker\bin\..\data\localhost\tmp_storage] stopped
 INFO | Stopping async queue tasks
 INFO | Stopping async topic tasks
 INFO | Stopped KahaDB
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55183-1572448257175-0:1) uptime 2.861 seconds
 INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (localhost, ID:Admin-PC-55183-1572448257175-0:1) is shutdown
ERROR | Failed to load: class path resource [activemq.xml], reason: Error creating bean with name 'template': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'camel': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [com.telelogic.festival.camel.RoutingConfig] for bean with name 'TLogicRoutingConfig' defined in class path resource [camel.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/telelogic/festival/camel/RoutingConfig : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Is JAVA_HOME supposed to be set or not when running broker.start.bat ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.