It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Different project area for system requirements and stakeholder? or use modules?

Barry von Tobel (1727) | asked Sep 14 '15, 9:05 p.m.
I plan to put at least two major requirements streams in my DNG.  One is for stakeholder requirements, and the other is the system requirements document (SRD).  The SRD is traceable back to the stakeholder requirements.  What is a good practice?  Make two project area and keep the artifact containers separate?  or make one project area and maybe create two modules?

I'm using Version 6.0.1 DNG

Accepted answer

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714657) | answered Sep 15 '15, 6:23 a.m.
 Usually you'd set up different PAs when different access is required (you cannot restrict view access within a PA, so if not all developers should be able to see the stakeholders request, for instance, the double PA may be required).

In general, though, lacking access constraints, a single PA will likely give you more flexibility.
Besides what Bas pointed out, I'd also say that you CANNOT have Reviews, Collections nor Modules gathering requirements from different PAs.

By the way, I still haven't had to set a similar environment on the CM aware version, but I don't think I'd be doing with different streams either. Usually I'd think of streams as change requests or different localizations for a software or some other variant of the main system.
Barry von Tobel selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Sep 15 '15, 6:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Assuming the stakeholder requirements are for the same system the system requirements address, makes more sense to use one project area. You get more link types within a project area, easier tracebility views. Within the project area you can divide artifacts up in several ways, using folders or modules for example.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.