It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create a word template and export into word/pdf from DOORSNG?

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Sep 08 '15, 4:25 a.m.
 I am trying to create Requirement document from DOORS NG . I would like to know if there is any word template which I can store already , so that when I perform the module export, the document is generated according to the word template.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Sep 09 '15, 2:43 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '15, 2:44 a.m.
Hi Lakshmi,
If you just want to modify the Word template, you do not need RPE. You can find the OOTB Word templates in <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word

Please try these steps:
1. Go to the folder <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word
2. Take a back up copy of printModuleBook.doc (and place it to a different folder. Do not leave it in <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word folder.
3. Modify the Word template as per your requirement.
4. Open https://<clmserver>:9443/rm/publish/initialize in browser.
5. After this, you should see your changes in the document generated.

Regards,
Prasad
lakshmi shree selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Sep 09 '15, 3:13 a.m.

Thanks a lot Subramanya. it works fine. Only thing is that the header and footer doesnt seem to appear in all pages of the document. It appears only on the first 3. any solution for that?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 09 '15, 3:40 a.m.

What is the version of DOORS NG?

lakshmi shree commented Sep 09 '15, 3:51 a.m.

it is 6.0 (released on 2015/06/26)

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 09 '15, 5:16 a.m. | edited Sep 09 '15, 6:16 a.m.

I can check why it is not shown in all pages. Can you share the modified stylesheet and sample requirements (ReqIF)?

lakshmi shree commented Sep 09 '15, 5:54 a.m.

Hello Subramanya

Actually the template is confidential so I would not be able to share it :(
But anyway , What I meant to say was , the header and footer appear only till the Table of contents page which is stored in the template. Since my document could have any number of pages, I am not sure how to address this.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 09 '15, 6:11 a.m.

Hi Lakshmi,

Do you see "Page x of y" at the center of the footer for remaining pages? If so, it comes from the master page in the template (and not from the stylesheet). I am afraid you can edit/change it only using RPE.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Sep 08 '15, 6:02 a.m.
Yes. You can use Word template (stylesheet) while generating document from DOORS NG.
You may refer these:
http://rpeactual.com/2014/07/23/use-word-stylesheets-and-run-macros-in-dng/
http://rpeactual.com/2015/03/02/requirement-management-document-generation-for-ibm-rational-doors-next-generation/

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Sep 08 '15, 1:00 p.m.

Thanks Subramanya. Could I also do this if I do not have the Rational Publishing Engine? I have the basic DOORS NG analyst license only.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.