It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with HelloJazz in RTC2.0

Santhosh Thenmozhi Rajendran (711910) | asked Jul 20 '09, 3:21 p.m.
Hi,

I am new to plugin development.I am trying to run hellojazz example in RTC2.0. I have setup the target platform and created two workspaces as described and I can see my server is running properly. But when I try to run the client, I get the following errors about plugin bundles. I checked the bundles and they are present in the given direcotry. Any help is appreciated.

Errors:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.

Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle "reference:file:/C:/Program Files/IBM/RTC2.0Client/jazz/client/eclipse/source/tests/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.201.R34x_v20080819.jar" has been uninstalled
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.checkValid(AbstractBundle.java:1228)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:262)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:257)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.startBundles(ConfigApplier.java:317)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:86)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:355)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1074)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:616)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:299)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.launch(StartLevelManager.java:247)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume(SystemBundle.java:201)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:644)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.java:51)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:313)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

========================================================

Error 2:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Error 3:

Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.0.v20080604.jar/ is not active.

One answer

permanent link
enzo zuk (12693) | answered Jul 23 '09, 6:03 a.m.
Hi,

I am new to plugin development.I am trying to run hellojazz example in RTC2.0. I have setup the target platform and created two workspaces as described and I can see my server is running properly. But when I try to run the client, I get the following errors about plugin bundles. I checked the bundles and they are present in the given direcotry. Any help is appreciated.

Errors:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.

Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle "reference:file:/C:/Program Files/IBM/RTC2.0Client/jazz/client/eclipse/source/tests/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.201.R34x_v20080819.jar" has been uninstalled
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.checkValid(AbstractBundle.java:1228)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:262)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:257)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.startBundles(ConfigApplier.java:317)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:86)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:355)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1074)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:616)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:299)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.launch(StartLevelManager.java:247)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume(SystemBundle.java:201)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:644)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.java:51)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:313)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)

Error 2:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

Error 3:

Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.0.v20080604.jar/ is not active.

only in the server workspace target platform must be setted on 'Jazz Junit test and binaries ' in default destination...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.