It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update of derby database possible?

Marko Tomljenovic (31645109) | asked Feb 24 '17, 11:20 a.m.

Hello
For our development of RTC server side plugins we are running a local Derby/Jetty based RTC server.
After creating some test data there we would like to reuse the data from that database when upgrading the RTC server.
Can the same data migration scripts be used as well on the Derby DB?
Is there any way to export and import the data in a RTC version compatible/safe way?

Thank you

Marko

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 24 '17, 11:31 a.m.

See the documentation on repotools-app ( app will be jts, jazz, ccm, qm, etc ) depending on the Jazz Application.
Presumably, you will maintain the current URL to move to a production environment.   General steps:

1. Use repotools-app -export for all your apps
  2. Create databases on your new database management system
  3. Update new teamserver.properties to have the correct jdbc parameters
  4. use repotools-app -isServerRunning to verify successful connection to the new database.  Adjust #3 as required
  5. use repotools-app -import to load the exported data into the new database
As far as I'm aware, the upgrade scripts ought to work if Derby remains as the database system.

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Feb 24 '17, 11:37 a.m.

Let's say I want to move from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3.
Which version of the repotools-app shall I use for each of the steps?
The old version for step 1 and then the newer one for step 5.?

Kevin Ramer commented Feb 24 '17, 11:41 a.m.

I think you'd have to import/export using the same version i.e. the current version.  Then perform the upgrades in the new environment.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 24 '17, 12:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I know you can use the normal upgrade process for Derby. I used to use that for testing. I havent done it for a while though. One difference with Derby is that the DB is local to the install dir and you have to copy the DB (s) over to the new installed upgrade target to point the teamserver.properties to the right one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.