It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Recovering from -createtables

derry davis (23222016) | asked Jul 20 '09, 12:47 p.m.
While working through migrating our development RTC server from 1.0.1 to 2.0 the command repotools -createtables was ran against the database causing the database to be wiped of data. Unfortunately no one requested this db to be backed up. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to recover from the -createtables command, with a degree of difficulty of 'without a backup'.
BTW, I could not get the search engine here to return any results on 'createtables'.
Thanks in advance,
-Derry

3 answers

permanent link
derry davis (23222016) | answered Jul 21 '09, 8:33 a.m.
I'll take it as 'no way' since there have been no replies. It's what I expected, but was hoping maybe somebody knew of a trick or something.
Thanks.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Jul 22 '09, 1:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately there is no way to recover the data present in the database.

--- Balaji

I'll take it as 'no way' since there have been no replies. It's what I expected, but was hoping maybe somebody knew of a trick or something.
Thanks.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jul 22 '09, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
While working through migrating our development RTC server from 1.0.1 to 2.0 the command repotools -createtables was ran against the database causing the database to be wiped of data. Unfortunately no one requested this db to be backed up. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to recover from the -createtables command, with a degree of difficulty of 'without a backup'.
BTW, I could not get the search engine here to return any results on 'createtables'.
Thanks in advance,
-Derry

As you suspected, I think you have lost the data. You may want to double-check with your DBA's about this - or check with DB vendor in case there is a way to do this.

If you have source code on client machines, you may want to get the users to go into their Eclipse client workspace directories, copy out all the source files (as a backup) - and then try and disconnect and reconnect the project from source code control (once you have a 2.0 server up and running). At least you would potentially save your current source code.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.