It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC deliver operation -- change going outing folder while build is runing on the stream

amarpreet singh (13) | asked Aug 25 '15, 11:33 p.m.

It is RTC Issue –Please look at the screen below highlighted in red. Normally all  the developers checked-in code(delivered) will come under the  “Incoming” folder of RTC (in below screen Highlighted in Green )but RTC is behaving inappropriately

sometime  .Other Developer checked –in (delivered)code is displaying under the “Outgoing” Folder-This should not happen- this is RTC Issue .I have resolved it by selecting option “NO” from the prompt screen

3 answers

permanent link
amarpreet singh (13) | answered Aug 25 '15, 11:35 p.m.
It’s happening whenever jazz build engine running during this time all the changes are not getting deliver even developers delivers it (It shows successfully deliver). The changes goes and set in outbox.

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Aug 26 '15, 10:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 26 '15, 10:26 p.m.
 Hi,

If this problem happens when a build is run, it could be due to the history getting replaced in the stream. We would need more information on your build setup to figure out the problem. Are you using  post-deliver step to deliver the baselines back to the source stream? This could be a cause of the problem. Try the scenario by disabling the post build deliver step in the build or have a post build deliver to a different stream not the one the build workspace is accepting the changes from. 

I would suggest raise a work item in jazz.net with the full details of the issue for us to investigate further.

Comments
amarpreet singh commented Sep 21 '15, 2:02 a.m.

I have tried this scenario as well but no luck.
It happens only when build runs. I am using Jazz Build engine to build.
CLM RTC V5.0.
Let me know if you have any solution or workaround it.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 21 '15, 6:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I predict that you have selected "Deliver to stream" option in the build request.
Unfortunately, this is really "replace in stream", i.e. it will take the configuration of the workspace at the start of the build and "replace" the content of the stream with that configuration, effectively backing out any changes that have been delivered to the stream while the build was running.
You need to uncheck that option, and if you want to deliver the results of the build to the stream, you'll have to have that build invoke the RTC command line to do that deliver (and be prepared for that deliver to fail if there is a merge conflict on the stream).
Please feel free to vote up An option for Post-Build Deliver step to do a deliver and not a replace (298057) if you think this should be fixed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.