It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to export a DOORSNG project

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Aug 11 '15, 3:14 a.m.
edited Aug 11 '15, 5:14 a.m.
 Hello

Is it possible to export a DOORSNG project into .dpa format like how we do it in the old DOORS?
I want to do this so that I can import it in other requirement management tools.
Please let me knw. Many thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Aug 11 '15, 6:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, DOORS NG does not support the .DPA format. This format is specific to DOORS and basically zips the folder structure into a single file (It's not quite that simple, but you can consider it like that). So it is only applicable for DOORS. DOORS NG supports ReqIF, which is an open standard for transferring requirements data. More information is available here: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_reqif_format.html
lakshmi shree selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Keith Collyer commented Aug 17 '15, 4:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Following up, if what you want is inter-operation rather than transfer, DOORS NG, like DOORS, supports OSLC to allow access to and linking of information

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 12 '15, 12:24 a.m.
To add to what Keith has said, if you are thinking of between two RDNG environments, you can consider using the "project template" format as well. But apparently it will not work with "other requirement management tools".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.