It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Should i be able to add a stream from an archived project area as flow target ?

Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | asked Aug 06 '15, 1:00 a.m.

I was configuring flow targets. I was able to add a stream from an archived project as flow target. Set is current/default etc.

Is this expected ?

Further more, the stream is owned by and visibility was set to the project area itself that is archived.

Why would I flow to a stream when its containing project area is archived ?

FYI: Access control is Members of the project area hierarchy & Process configuration is not shared.

What would be the ideal way to avoid or prevent such situation(s) ?

Thank you,

Ravikanth Chavali

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Aug 06 '15, 10:34 a.m.

Hi Ravikanth,

Which version of RTC are you using ?

Regards,
Arun.

Ravikanth Chavali commented Aug 06 '15, 2:52 p.m.

v5.0.2

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 06 '15, 11:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
SCM data is not stored within a project area. So I assume it will not get archived. If you are an administrator you can probably see things especially if the project area is archived and the access control might not be in effect any more.

Comments
Ravikanth Chavali commented Aug 06 '15, 3:04 p.m. | edited Aug 06 '15, 3:42 p.m.
Yes, I am an admin... 

Could you please clarify "SCM data is not stored within a project area. So I assume it will not get archived." Does that mean the ownership/visibility will make a difference WRT streams or you meant admins overrides those policies?

Could you clarify what you meant by "the access control might not be in effect any more" please ? 

Also for non-admins it would not appear ?

Also, Just came across the discussion on Lock and Hide a stream 

Wondering if the best way to avoid adding and stream contained in archive is to take a snapshot and delete ?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '15, 2:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to log in with a test user without JazzAdmin repository permission and look if you can see it.

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Aug 07 '15, 3:10 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Yes, I do agree with your answers but the scope of accessing the artifacts should be always on Project Area first and then remaining.

Can we understand the reason\logic why we were able to access the SCM artifacts if Project Area is archived, any specific reason.

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Aug 07 '15, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Archiving a project area removes it from the UI (ie you cannot see it unless you change filter settings to see it), but does not affect artifacts "owned" by that project area.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.