It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we upgrade from CLM 5.0.1 directly to CLM 6.0 or is it risky?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Aug 05 '15, 10:06 a.m.
converted Aug 05 '15, 10:26 a.m.
Hi,
We plan to upgrade from a server using CLM 5.0.1 directly to CLM 6.0.
Now this article recommends to use the latest version of CLM 5.x and then upgrade to CLM 6.0.
Would that upgrade successfully work? OR do I still need to firstly upgrade my server from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 and then upgrade to 6.0?
Can you please tell me if there are any other risks or issues we should consider prior to perform the upgrade?
Our server supports both OOTB and also customized process templates so we need to be sure that we won't lose or put at risk our custom configurations.
Thanks in advance!
Vicky

Accepted answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123660) | answered Aug 05 '15, 10:51 a.m.
It is recommended to upgrade starting from CLM 5.0.2 because it is the last maintained version (e.g., got more fixes), but you can also upgrade starting from CLM 5.0.1 and CLM 5.0, too.
Anyway, we advice you to always test the migration process you will approach before the real one! :)
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Aug 07 '15, 3:00 a.m.
 Generally, upgrading from 5.0.1 to 6.0.0 should work directly by design. As SEC told, it is recommended to test before doing for your production server.

permanent link
Fabian BriseƱo (9410) | answered Sep 14 '15, 3:38 a.m.
Hello Maria.
I did an upgrade from CLM 5.0 to 6.0 with out issues, keep in mind I only did standard CLM upgrade ( RTC, QM and RM).

Tips.
1. Just do a good sizing
2. Prepare a plan
3. Ask for a good downtime Window.

Regards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.