It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anybody used DOORS for Defect management?

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Aug 04 '15, 2:34 a.m.
 I was wondering if anyone has tried using DOORS for defect management , by linking the defects to test cases and finally to the system requirement.Please let me know.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 04 '15, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Doors is probably the worst choice for defect management. It is a requirement management tool.

In Rational Doors Next generation you get licenses to use Rational Team Concert for defect management and Rational Quality manager for test management. Requirement management licenses have also licenses to use the other tools to some extend e.g. to do defect management. 
lakshmi shree selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Aug 04 '15, 3:25 a.m.

Hello Ralph

Thanks a lot for your quick response! Could you please  confirm if I would get access to Rational Team concert and RQM with an Analyst license for DOORSNG? I was told by the IBM consultant that we had to purchase these 2 licenses separately.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 04 '15, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to read the help here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS2L6K_6.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/c_license_mgmt_over.html

Also read https://jazz.net/library/article/825

As far as I can tell, each Analyst or Quality Professional or RTC Developer license provides you with a contributor license in the other tools. You can go to the products download page and see what a contributor can do.

You would have to only purchase additional other licenses if you want to do things that are not included in the contributor license. There are other options for licensing available as well.

One other answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 05 '15, 7:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ralph's answer is correct. A Jazz user license typically enables capabilities in multiple Jazz applications. DOORS NG Analyst provide read/write access to the RM application and the work item system (which is supplied by the CCM application) as well as read and commenting access to QM and DM.

So technically, it's incorrect to say "RTC work items" since the primary licenses for DOORS NG, RQM, and Design Manager all include full use of Jazz work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.