It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking Requirements to Test Cases

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Jul 29 '15, 2:15 a.m.
 Hello

I have a module for System specification and another module for Test procedures. I want to perform a one to one mapping of each requirement to the test procedure associated with it.
Is there any way I can get the Requirements ID column into the Test procedure module OR create any custom columns ( such as Attribute - DXL in the older version of DOORS) ? Also, I am not using Rational Quality manager as of now. Please let me know.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Jul 30 '15, 4:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to perform one to one mapping between requirements and test plans, the easiest way will be the following
1. create a test plan in QM
2. add a requirement collection in test plan's "Requirement Collection Links" section
3. select the requirement collection and run "Reconcile Requirements in Collections"
4. during reconcile, you will be able to create test plan for each requirement to achieve one-to-one mapping

To see linked requirement in QM, you can add "Validates Requirement" column and it will show the ID of the linked requirement.

lakshmi shree selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Aug 03 '15, 1:47 a.m.

Thanks Howard, but unfortunately I am NOT using Rational Quality Manager for test engineering. I have created modules for Test plan, Test cases, test procedure and test results within the Rational DOORSNG itself. Now , I would like to map my test cast cases to the requirement IDs. So is there any way that I can access the Requirement ID column from another module into my Test Plan module.Please let me know

Howard Hsiao commented Aug 03 '15, 2:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Lakshmi,
Have you created links between the artifacts of Test plan module and the artifacts of requirement module?
If you have, what is the link type?
You can configure columns to display the column for that link type.

lakshmi shree commented Aug 05 '15, 7:23 a.m.

Thanks Howard. Tried the same. It displays the ID too.Just what  I wanted

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 30 '15, 12:49 a.m.
You can always add/modify data types, attribute type and artifact types to suit your need.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_custom_artifact_attr_data.html

You can also use a link of the appropriate type (system or user defined) in the link section for the same purpose.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.