It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collection Component CLM 6.0

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Jul 28 '15, 8:33 a.m.
 Hi

Is there any guide on how to enable the Data Collection component in CLM 6.0? If you want to view Data collection jobs, then JAZZ takes you to /dcc, and the setup of Resource Group Configuration needs to be done. Is there any guide for this for e.g. what DB details/username/password do you use for the setup of "A Relational Database DataSource". 

Thanks

Leesen

5 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 29 '15, 5:34 a.m.
 Hi Leesen,

Please find the link below and let me know does it helps.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.rational.dcc.doc/topics/t_roadmap_dcc.html?lang=en

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.team.jp.jrs.doc/topics/t_jrs_mng_ds.html?lang=en

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | answered Jul 29 '15, 7:01 a.m.
 Hi Arun

Thanks for the links. Just a quick question:

When setting up the Rational Reporting Data Warehouse Database: it says this is a special resource group which is the data warehouse. So I assume that I will need to use the "dw" database details that were created by the DBA's before the setup? I have done this as seen below: 

• Relational Database Type: SQL Server 
  • URL //03RNB-MerganTestSrv01.za.ds.naspers.com:59129; databaseName=dw;integratedSecurity=true
  • For the User name and Password, I used the data warehouse DB credentials that were created by DBA
  • For the Version, Version 6
But I get this error:

Failed to connect to the resource group
hide details
Error 500: CRRCD4506E A JDBC connection could not be created for the database at jdbc:sqlserver://03RNB-MerganTestSrv01.za.ds.naspers.com:59129;databaseName=dw;integratedSecurity=true. The error occurs at A Relational Database DataSource
This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:60386432-75a9-41bf-b180-b7d843d4f590.

Thanks

Leesen

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 29 '15, 7:21 a.m.
  Hi Lessen,

I think it could be one of the below reason.

1) I wonder if the problem its connected to the right database and connection string.

2) Could you please check the authentication details.

3) Can you check the configuration in dcc/web -> Data Warehouse Connection, as well as in Resource Group Configuration -> "Rational Reporting Data Warehouse Database"?  This invalid connection must be defined somewhere there.

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | answered Jul 29 '15, 7:28 a.m.
 Hi Arun

When I test the connection in dcc/web -> Data Warehouse Connection, it passes. But when I use the same dw details for Resource Group Configuration -> "Rational Reporting Data Warehouse Database" thats when I get the error.

Is this the right format for an SQL Server URL for the "Rational Reporting Data Warehouse Database"  :

//03RNB-MerganTestSrv01.za.ds.naspers.com:59129; databaseName=dw;integratedSecurity=true

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jul 29 '15, 10:30 a.m.

Hi Leesen,

Could you please verify the below details.

• Use  netstat -a  to check whether sql server is listening on the desired port
  • Try to do the  telnet  on the host and port
  • Verify the SQL Server Configuration Manager, and then  SQL Server 2012 Network Configuration.

• Regards,
    Arun.

permanent link
    Aljo George (116) | answered Jun 26 '20, 2:36 a.m.
    edited Jun 26 '20, 2:58 a.m.

I am encountering the same error (Error 500: CRRCD4506E A JDBC connection could not be created for the database...The error occurs at A Relational Database DataSource). Need help!!!

- It was a working setup.
    - Server never restarted.
    - Nothing changed to my knowledge.
    - Verified that the DB connection string is valid, DB is reachable for other apps and everything looks good in the Jazz Team Server properties page. However; the JDBC Vendor and JDBC Location field values have gone missing in DCC due to unknown reasons. I am not able to add the values back after clicking on edit since the fields doesn't let me key in the values.

Thanks in advance.
    Aljo George

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.