It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a hyperlink as a custom attribute

Namrata Anbhule (35) | asked Jul 21 '15, 3:34 p.m.
What I want to achieve is a hyperlink on the workitem. When the user click on this it would open up a static page.

I am using RTC version 4.0.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Jul 31 '15, 1:01 p.m.
edited Jul 31 '15, 1:03 p.m.
The easiest way to do this is by adding a "Non-attribute based presentation" of kind "Static Rich Text" to the workitem editor.  In Eclipse, if you right click in "Rich Text" text box, the context menu includes an "Insert Hyperlink..." option (see image).  This can also be done in the web client.  This will result in a link that opens in the current browser.  To force it to open in a new browser, open the Project Area editor in Eclipse, navigate to the Process Configuration Source tab, search for the URL in your hyperlink and add
target="_blank"
inside the anchor tag.  Make sure you escape the quotes.

Namrata Anbhule selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Namrata Anbhule commented Jul 31 '15, 2:16 p.m.

Thank you Brian.. That was really easy and fast to setup.. I achieved what I needed.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 21 '15, 11:55 p.m.
Simply add a custom attribute of type "Medium HTML" or "Large HTML". Hyper links in such attributes are clickable (just as in the built-in "Description" and "Summary" attributes).

Comments
Namrata Anbhule commented Jul 22 '15, 4:54 a.m.

Thank you Donald for your prompt answer.

I want to assign a specific default link in that attribute. Is that possible?. Let me explain in more details.
I would have a label "Group Description" as the custom attribute. I want this to act as a hyperlink. When I click the label "group Description" as specific URL specified under the label should open in net browser.

Can this be achieved?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.