It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any problem with linking QM v4 project on one JTS to DM v5 project on another JTS?

Murad Korejo (26199) | asked Jul 10 '15, 11:28 a.m.
I know I need to go through the process of setting up each JTS independently, registering all the apps, then establishing cross-server communication between the two JTS instances.  After that, will I have any trouble linking the QM v4 project on one JTS instance with the DM v5 project on the other?  Links and all should still work as expected, I assume?

I believe this is okay with OSLC but I just want to confirm as I haven't seen any specific verbiage which indicates this is okay.  Has anyone tried this?

Comments
Jim Ruehlin commented Jul 28 '15, 9:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Murad,

I'm fairly certain that setting up two Team Servers will allow the applications registered with those servers to communicate with each other. I'm not sure you'll need to set up friend relationships between the apps (though it wouldn't hurt if you did).

The links should all the OSLC2 compatible, so there shouldn't be any problem linking them.

- Jim Ruehlin

One answer

permanent link
Beth Beese (312) | answered Jul 22 '15, 12:02 p.m.
 Hi Murad-

As long as you’re properly set up your Friends relationships, you shouldn’t have any problems doing what you’re suggesting. Are there other tools you’re integrating with? 

If yes, you can use the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters-Tasktop Edition to achieve the cross-server communications. You can learn more about RLIA-TE here:

http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/gsd/solutiondetails.do?&solution=46335&lc=en

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!
Thanks and Best
b

Beth Beese 
| Business Development Manager | Tasktop Technologies
phone: 647-938-3759
| web: task top.com | skype: beth.beese-tasktop

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.