It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing BIRT into RTC2.0?

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jul 10 '09, 6:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I am trying to install the relevant plugins to create BIRT reports in RTC 2.0.

I have installed DTP 1.6.2, EMF 2.4.2 but cannot install the BIRT bits without an error.

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml.ui .

so it looks like I am missing some of the datatools bits.

Has anyone else got BIRT 2.3 running in their RTC 2.0 Eclipse client?

thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 10 '09, 6:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I am trying to install the relevant plugins to create BIRT reports in RTC 2.0.

I have installed DTP 1.6.2, EMF 2.4.2 but cannot install the BIRT bits without an error.

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml.ui .

so it looks like I am missing some of the datatools bits.

Has anyone else got BIRT 2.3 running in their RTC 2.0 Eclipse client?

thanks

anthony

I think I have worked around the problem...the Help suggests using the Ganymede update site and select the Charting and Reporting section. However, the Ganymede Update Site does not appear in the list under this name. It is actually listed in the "Available Software" tab as http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede instead.

Finding the right update site and the installing Chart and Reporting as per the Help instructions seemed to fix the problem.

Once you have installed, the name of the site on the Available Software tab turns into its proper name (or at least the one in the Help file). This looks like an Eclipse bug.

However, for people installing manually, we need some more info than the help provides to get past the error listed in the previous post.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.