It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0 client with 1.0.1 server

Nicholas Whelan (111) | asked Jul 10 '09, 5:13 p.m.
Hi,

Is the RTC 2.0 client supposed to be backwards compatible with a 1.x server? The reason I ask is because I wanted to get a client into Eclipse 3.5, and the 1.x client was not working, so I went with the 2.0 client. Everything appears to be working, but when I try to connect to my server, I get a version mismatch error... Is this to be expected?

On another note, does anyone know if it's possible to get the 1.0.1 client into Eclipse 3.5?

Thanks,

Nick

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 10 '09, 6:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Is the RTC 2.0 client supposed to be backwards compatible with a 1.x server? The reason I ask is because I wanted to get a client into Eclipse 3.5, and the 1.x client was not working, so I went with the 2.0 client. Everything appears to be working, but when I try to connect to my server, I get a version mismatch error... Is this to be expected?

On another note, does anyone know if it's possible to get the 1.0.1 client into Eclipse 3.5?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick

Unfortunately, you can't use a 2.0 client with a 1.0 server. You will need to upgrade the server if you want your 2.0 client.

1.0 will not install on Eclipse 3.5 either - as I recall 1.x was based on Eclipse 3.3

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.