It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Process Customisation for each team in RQM project area

kavita herur (5876594) | asked Jul 02 '15, 5:57 a.m.

Hi all,

I am new to RQM. But I have been working in RTC from long time.   As per our need every team has its own testing process flow and management. So

1.  is it best to create different project area for each team or is there way where I can have different conguration for each team within one project area? What is impact on reporting and Querying If I have different configuration for each team?

2. with process sharing concept,  I can have common provider project area and then needed customisation done in each consumer project area? And What is import on reporting and querying ?

Which one would be the best way to move on.

Thanks,

Kavita 

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 02 '15, 8:49 a.m.
Customization of team areas mostly involves Permission / Operation Behavior differences.  Team specific work item types, etc cannot be created.

Beware: If the project area has configured Operation Behavior ( say on save work item ) and a team also defines behavior on same action, the team action will be the one executed, not the team, then project area.  

Comments
kavita herur commented Jul 07 '15, 7:43 a.m.

Hi Kevin,

I have herad  the few customization(permission & Operation behavior) can be done on Iterations and TimeLines. But not sure about team wise. is that true in RQM/RTC? Can you please elaborate more on this.

And  in my case all teams will be using Project Timelines.

Thanks,

Kavita

Kevin Ramer commented Jul 07 '15, 9:17 a.m.

Yes, there are configurations that relate to time periods ( via iterations ).  In Web UI for QM project choose "Manage this project" from the gear menu.   Click on Permissions on the left.  You will notice "Configure for a time period" when clicked exposes the interation structure.  It is also possibile to scope preconditions/followup-actions to time periods, but in RQM seems rather limited.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.