It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upload artifacts in rrc from a folder on local machine

Bhawna Gupta (21310) | asked Jul 01 '15, 6:52 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '15, 6:54 a.m.

Hi,

Is there a way i can upload my artifacts(documents in my case) to rrc in a structure they are present on my local machine.

Example:

I have a parent folder Delivery method and then in this folder I have 2 other folders A and B. Both A and B contain 100+ doc files.

Is there a way i can bulk upload the same structure with all the sub folders embeded and all the files in them. or if that is not possible, If at all i prepare my folder structures, is there a way i can upload bulk files in there. 

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jul 18 '15, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Bhawna.
Unfortunately I don't believe there is currently support for uploading a folder structure directly into RRC.
You did not mention what version of the product you are using, but in 5.0.2 for example, it is possible to upload files in bulk using drag&drop from the file system into an existing folder. In addition, the standard upload wizard allows you to "Add another file" though this requires selecting the files one at a time.
While I tested this using 5.0.2, I don't recall off-hand when the drag&drop support was first introduced.
Hope that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.