It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to raise defect in RQM 5.0.2

chetan warade (1536) | asked Jul 01 '15, 5:33 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '15, 6:00 a.m.

Hi Team,

I am facing problem in RQM, how to raise defect in RQM 5.0.2?

Currently I  installed only RQM 5.0.2 on Windows 7- 64 bit environment. From web client I am not able to create new

defect. Please help how to raise defect in RQM 5.0.2.

link- https:\\hostname:9443\qm\web

Thanks

Chetan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2946) | answered Jul 01 '15, 5:36 a.m.
From this RQM product page https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/whats-happening#activity,
Click the Submit a bug on the right side.
chetan warade selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
chetan warade commented Jul 01 '15, 5:54 a.m.

Above link mentioned that bug will create for Jazz.net, but I need to create bug inside RQM 5.0.2 in my environment.

Timo Reiss commented Jul 01 '15, 6:43 a.m. | edited Sep 04 '15, 1:41 a.m.

Hi Chetan,

there many possibilities to raise defects from within RQM.

• From the menu bar, select the right-most item Change Requests > Create Defect
  • From any test execution result, you can add defects in the Defects section
  • During any execution, you can add defects to each step by clicking the "bug" icon

There may be more possibilities to add defects, but these are the first three that came to my mind. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Timo

Don Yang commented Jul 01 '15, 7:54 a.m.

Timo is right to create a defect within RQM. However, from the description, it seems that only RQM is installed which means there is no way to create a defect within RQM. The defect in CLM is managed by RTC, you can only create defect within RTC. Your RQM project needs to have association with RTC project(for example, if you create lifecycle project area sample JKE Banking)  and then you can create a defect within RQM which will basically create the defect into RTC and you can see a link between RQM and RTC in RQM only.

chetan warade commented Jul 01 '15, 8:27 a.m. | edited Sep 04 '15, 1:40 a.m.

Hi Tiom,

Is it possible without integration with RTC , can we open defect in RQM 5.0.2?

As per my understanding  all above  suggested solutions are applicable only with RTC + RQM together.

Thanks,

Chetan

Timo Reiss commented Jul 01 '15, 8:47 a.m.

Chetan,

you need to have at least one defect provider configured in your RQM PA (Accessing local defect and task-quality work items). This may be RTC but is of course not limited to RTC. Still, the RQM licenses cover access to RTC, i.e., deploying and configuring RTC for WI tracking seems to be the natural solution.

RQM itself does not offer any capabilities of defect or WI tracking in general.

Cheers,
Timo.

Taki Nakajo commented Jul 02 '15, 12:15 a.m.

Hi Chetan, I am sorry I misunderstood. Yes, Timo and Don are right.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.